Vegan Bread + Butter Pudding With Goldenberries
- Back to All Recipies
- recipe by @WaxyLemoms
- 100g unsalted vegan/non-dairy butter
- 1 generous pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 generous pinch of ground dinger
- Zest of 1 orange
- 10 slices of brown bread
- 100g dried goldenberries
- 5 tbsp of raspberry jam
For the custard
- 800ml non-dairy milk
- 50ml water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp cornflour
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4.
- Combine the butter, cinnamon, ginger and orange zest to form, then use about 10g of the mixture to grease a medium ovenproof dish (roughly 20cm x 25cm). Spread the remainder of mixture onto the slices of bread.
- Slice the bread diagonally in half and then place a third into the dish in a single layer.
- Roughly chop the goldenberries, then scatter a small handful into over the bread layer. Cover with another layer of bread, scatter with more golden berries, then cover with the remaining bread. Set aside and reserve any remaining fruit for later.
- To make the custard, mix the cornflour with 50ml of water and whisk until there are no lumps. Place the rest of the ingredients into a medium saucepan, then add the cornflour liquid. Whisk everything until smooth and all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Place the pan over a medium heat and simmer, whisking continuously, for 6 – 8 minutes until the custard is almost boiling and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the custard over the bread then scatter the remaining dried fruit on top. Leave to soak for up to 20 minutes, then place in the hot oven for 30 minutes, or until the custard starts to set.
- Allow to cool for up to 10 minutes before serving with a smile!