- 6 Medjool dates, de-seeded and chopped into small chunks
- 130g rolled oats (gluten-free if required)
- 60g nuts of choice (I have used walnuts and pistachios in the ones pictured), roughly chopped
- 75g coconut oil, melted
- 30g desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp protein powder (soya bean/ pea/ whey).
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cashew butter*
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp Matcha green tea powder
- ½ tsp salt
You can use peanut butter, but this imparts a strong peanut flavour, which masks the flavour of the green tea.
- These oat bars work well with other superfood powders like wheatgrass and spirulina, which impart a green colour, or baobab or maca, which are more neutral in colour.
- Use shredded kale instead of green tea.
- Substitute green tea for Omega- 3 superpowder or Vitalising superpowder for an extra nutritional boost.
- Substitute the chia seeds with ground goldenberry and chia power blend.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well. The oats quickly assume a spring green colour.
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper, greased with a little coconut oil (I used a 16cm X 26cm pan).
- Transfer the oaty mix into the pan and using a spatula, compress the oaty mix into the tin.
- Pop in the freezer for 1hr. Transfer onto a chopping board and slice into bars.
- These bars keep fresh in the fridge for 7-10 days. Enjoy!