Chocolate Cinnamon Cashew Butter
- 150g raw cashews (or nuts of choice)
- 5 tbsp. cacao powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon (optional, but it goes so well with the chocolate!)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. mild olive oil or rapeseed oil You can use coconut oil if you wish, though note, the coconut flavour will be apparent
- 1 tbsp. liquid sweetener of choice, e.g. Maple, date or rice syrup
Calling all nut butter fans! You have to give this a go. I thought it would be hard making my own nut butter, but it really is simple! All you need is a handful of ingredients, a high-speed blender and less than 20 mins of your time (most of which will be blending time!).
This recipe is for cashew butter, but you could always use your nut of choice, e.g. peanuts, macadamias or hazelnuts.
Makes: 1 small jar
- If you are toasting your nuts, put a large frying pan on the hob on a medium heat. Do not add any oil. Add the nuts and toast for about 2 mins, turning to the other side halfway through until they are golden brown.
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and mix to combine. You will have to scrape down the sides and repeat the process several times and eventually the mixture will form a nutty chocolaty paste. This takes about 10-13 mins.
- Decant into an airtight jar for long-term storage, unless you are going to eat the lot! This tastes delicious on toast, stuffed in dates, on bananas and apples.