- 100g fresh basil
- 30g fresh spinach
- 30g pine nuts
- 70ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 plump cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 11/2 tbsp protein powder (soya bean or pea work well)
- 1 tsp spirulina (you can substitute for wheatgrass if you prefer)
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into rough chunks
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 large courgettes
- 2 ripe nectarines, sliced into wedges
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- Twist of black pepper
- Optional: One ball of mozzarella (vegan if preferred)
- Place all pesto sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and whizz to form a creamy pesto sauce.
- Spiralise your courgettes. If you do not have a spiraliser, you can make courgette peelings using a vegetable peeler and slice these finely into noodle-like strips.
- The courgetti can be eaten raw; in which case blot the excess moisture away using kitchen roll. Alternatively, you can pan-fry your courgette for 3 mins in a frying pan on a high heat.
- Stir in the pesto to your courgetti spaghetti.
- Assemble onto two plates. Scatter wedges of nectarine on top and a handful of pumpkin seeds. Roughly tear up the mozzarella and scatter on top. Enjoy!